MichaelShakesDotCom

Friday, October 14, 2005

I hope you like Camera's...

Thursday's are when Sarah baby-sits Mikayla and Bella after she gets done from School/Work. She scoops them up from daycare and whisks them away to see there mommy at the hospital (She's a Pharmacist, what a coincidence) for a bit and then brings them over to our abode to watch Finding Nemo or Shrek for the umpteenth time (Mostly Finding Nemo, Bella love's Nemo).



After getting off work today, I thought I'd take a trip to the Erie Dock to get a few pictures with my shiny new camera (At the foot of Peach Street). I love this new addition to our family, now if only it would get nice and sunny so I could go out and really get a few good shots (I would also have to make the time to go on these ventures as well; maybe next week camera… maybe next week). Well, fall is finely here... this is the best time to own a camera (The-Best).


I have always been into photography ever since my dad bestowed to me my first camera when I was a freshman in high school (I believe that was back in 1990-01). My first camera was a manual "Olympus OM-2n", which was given to me to use in my very first photography class. In class we used black and white film and we had to develope our own film in the class darkroom... this was way too cool, I only wish I could have my very own dark room. Oh, but wait... with digital, I can!

Since then I have upgraded to a "Canon EOS Elan II E" SLR, which I have been using for the last 6 to 8 years. The Olympus and Canon (That I own) are both film camera's, as Digital was still in the development phase way back when... (No pun intended). But Digital has been knocking on our door for a while now, and now it is ready to explode (If it hasn’t already).



In resent years of the Digital age, I have been following development of Canon’s D60, D30, 10D, 20D and now the 5D (Not to mention the 1D, 1Ds and 1Ds MarkII). Every year Camera makers always seem to “up” the competition with some new and improved Digital camera with more megapixel's, DigicII Chips and anything else cool they can think of, leaving us consumers wanting to buy a new camera every year and scrapping the one year old camera we haven’t quite grown to love yet (Kind of like how it works with everything else in the world). But as the prices drop each year on newer digital camera's, we as consumers are able to upgrade with less hassle and less dough$ out of our pockets (Which make’s everyone happy, except for me because I never had the dough to begin with).

Which brings me back to my new Canon A610. It's a hell of a lot more affordable then the Digital SLR's, yet the quality of pictures you get is tremendously good (Yes, I said "tremendously good", it makes sense, doesn't it?). If you are in the market for a nice digital camera and can't afford the more expensive/pro outfit, do not panic... DO NOT PANIC... you will be in good hands with a new Canon, Sony or Nikon (There are a plethora more as well of course) palm size Digital camera's that will make your Aunt Myrtle proud. Just as long as you get enough pixels to make it worth blowing up that beautiful smile into an 8x10 framed masterpiece.

I am very anxious to get out there with my spectacular Canon A610 and give this new digital photography hobby a good college try. But not to far down the windy road, my Canon 20D will be waiting for me… ohh yes… it will be waiting for me.

Just remember this before you go... The Godfather answers all of life's questions. What should I pack for my summer vacation? "Leave the gun, take the cannoli."

Enjoy the fall...

*Update newer pictures (It got Sunny) and... It's Friday! Yesss!*

5 Comments:

  • Great pics!

    My father bestowed his camera to my younger sister and she is now a professional photographer. Sometimes the bug bites ya. She still has his old Canon that she used all through high school and college. She even has a mini-darkroom in her apartment. :)

    writen & directed by Blogger Sizzle, at around 11:06 AM  

  • Sizzle - Thanks. I would love to have a mini-darkroom! But with this new digital age, a camera and a (nice) printer will do.

    The bug almost bit hard enough for me to go to college for Photography, but I settled for the computer type stuff.

    I am still very much into Photography and Films though. I would love to direct a movie one day, but alas, I can not write.

    If you were to write me a script, I will be glad to direct it (And take the photography for it too)! Or I could just stick with the hobby thing too, no biggie.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 11:24 AM  

  • I have found with my camera that I have many people rave on and on about the professional photographer I am destined to be, when really I think its the camera making my pictures look so good. Now you, Mike, obviously have the shutter bug in your blood and have been skilled on the subject. I just point and shoot. I know nothing about angle, light or shutter speed. I wait for the flash to be charged and click. I even have the cute little "you've got picture" sound on. What I'm getting at is, how hard would it be for me to take a class and learn how to work one of those old manual cameras where you actually have to develop that stuff called film when the closest I ever got was an automatic 35mm?

    writen & directed by Blogger Tam, at around 2:35 PM  

  • Tam - Well, a gun is the same way, the person behind it does the aiming. What I mean is, you are probably better that you think.

    It's actually not that hard to take a class and learn how to shoot a manual camera. Everything you need is right there on the camera. All you need to do is focus the camera, then using your shutter speed and f-stop… make sure the needle is right in the middle of the -2 and +2, and then take the picture. Once you learn the basic three things about taking a picture, it’s easy. My Olympus take very nice pictures once you learn how to use it.

    The dark room wasn’t that hard either. You just have to make sure you follow the steps in a timely manner, and you will have no problems (It’s the same steps to develop film every time). If anyone likes photography and has the time to learn how to use a manual camera and darkroom, I would recommend it. The pictures have more meaning to you then just a regular point and shoot picture does (Not that there’s anything wrong with that).

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 2:55 PM  

  • Jenny - I hope not, because English grammar and spelling is one of my worst enemies. I have no time for it.

    Yes, take more pics for your blog (Everyone, especially if you own a digital camera of your own). Don't take photography for granted, let it all out... express yourself don't repress yourself.

    I will be sure to get some very good shots all around Erie for you. You all will be sick of looking at pictures when I am done with you.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 8:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home