MichaelShakesDotCom

Friday, October 07, 2005

Candy Candy Candy Candy...

You know what I love... I mean what kind of treat I love... I mean candy, do you know what kind of candy I love...?

Nutty Bars (Little Debbie is a genius), Did you know that a box of 12 of these delicacies are only $1.29....! That's like... .11 cents a Bar! I mean, I like Reese’s Peanut Butter cup's as much as the next man/woman... but you can't beat .11 cent Nutty Bars with... ...well, a Nutty Bar! It say's right here on the box that it's "America's BEST-SELLING Peanut Butter Wafer" (Well not on this box, but the one I have in front of me say's so), so I don't think I'm alone in this.

You know something else...? Have you tried one of those Take 5 candy bars? Take 5 has got to be one of the best candy bars out there today. Hershey introduces TAKE 5 in December 2004. GE Vending machine introduces TAKE 5 to Michael Shakes in July 2005. Combine Pretzels, Caramel, Peanuts, Peanut Butter, Milk Chocolate and you're on your way to the best candy Bar None.

I think for Halloween, we will be stocking up on these two delicacies "mucho aloto". But giving them only to our friends and family (then keeping what’s left for us, hee he hoo hoo haa haaaaa). Yes, I love the tricker treater's, but they will still only be getting the smarties and bite size candy bars they have grown to love. We are not cheep... we are just poor.

If you had to choose one candy to eat for the rest of your life… What would that candy be? (This is merely hypothetical of course) If you must, you can choose two.


**Edit- Oh yeah, I almost forgot... "It's Friday!" *Hi Five* *You know the drill* "Yessss!" **

8 Comments:

  • I love Halloween.

    I love candy.

    I would have to pick Snickers because, well, it really does satisfy. Reese's Peanut Butter Cups are a close second.

    "we're not cheap but we are poor"- that's me too.

    writen & directed by Blogger Sizzle, at around 12:30 PM  

  • Lil Sis - I do like 5th Avenue too, but not the fave. I will have to check out some haunted houses this year with you.

    "Ms" Sizzle - Snicker does satisfy, but Take 5... mmmm mmmm. Once we start making mucho deniro, I would be glad to give out the very best.... ahh, I can't wait.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 12:42 PM  

  • When I was pregnant, I bought stock in Nutty Bars. If I didnt have one package (I mean 2 wafer bars, not the WHOLE BOX!)every night, then I was a very cranky (crankier) pregnant chick. But if I were stuck on an island with only one candy bar, it would have to be 3 Musketeers Bars, as long as that island had a freezer because I eat them frozen. Its like a little helping of ice cream goodness. And they float. THEY ALL FLOAT.

    writen & directed by Blogger Tam, at around 2:38 PM  

  • Tam - They float?! Have you been bathing with your 3 Musketeers again?! If I've told you once, I've told you a thousand times... Candy is not ment for washing.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 3:38 PM  

  • aj - I had to google that to see if it was a real candy. Then found out that it was a "Hazelnut surrounded by a caramel cup. Creamy nougat topped with chocolate." I've never heard of ToffiFay before... And now, I want some.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 6:40 PM  

  • Nutty Bars are cookies nto candy. And I prefer Fudge Rounds.

    As far as candy, I'll go with good old milk chocolate - I can always pimp it up with other stuff on my own. Note however, do not put low fat peanut butter on a chocolate bar. It doesn't taste that great. Not that I was dumb enough to try it, but someone told me about it...yeah.

    writen & directed by Blogger Kristen, at around 8:20 AM  

  • Kristen - I should have stuck with treat/candy...

    What kind of milk chocolate are you referring too? I mean, Hershey's or Nestlé’s or maybe Stefanelli's (Maybe you don't have a Stefanelli's in Cleveland).

    Your friend, (Who put low fat peanut butter on her/his chocolate bar) sound's pretty weird. I would just eat the peanut butter off of a spoon!

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 8:33 AM  

  • Hershey's "chocolate" is not chocolate. It's brown wax. Stephanellis is in Erie and surrounding areas only. I've had a tough time finding local chocolatiers in Cleveland but have stumbled on a few. I guess for over the counter I'd go for Lindt, Dove or Ghiradelli.

    writen & directed by Blogger Kristen, at around 8:08 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home