MichaelShakesDotCom

Monday, October 10, 2005

Camera, Golf, Dinner and a Doughnut

This past week Sarah finally got her check from school... so we splurged (Oh, we'll pay it back later).

I wanted (Needed) a digital camera for a while now but couldn’t afford the one I really wanted. The one I really wanted was the Canon 20D (Very nice D SLR) or the newer and improved 5D (Even nicer D SLR btw), but for now we couldn't spend the $1,500 for the 20D, or $3,000 for the 5D... so I had to settle for the Canon Power Shot A610 (As you can see to the right; as I extend my 3D Saturday morning/before coffee self portrait). The PowerShot A610 was purchased from Staples in Summit Township, which was the best deal out of the 4 stores I looked at. Canon does make a PowerShot A620 that has 7.1 mega pixels, but I think 5 mp was good enough. Well… good enough until I get my hands on the Canon 5D 12.8 mp wonder (This will have to wait a while I think).


This very same Saturday morning I decided to go for a golfing trip to Millcreek Golf Course (I haven't been golfing in a 'long' while, I just wanted to see if I still had it in me). Well, about half way through I started to suck out so I decided to take a few pictures with the new Cam (I really like this new Camera. It is the Upgraded Canon PowerShot A80 and A95, with a few extra Pixels and features tacked on). This shot to the right was a par three and I was (Wouldn't you know it) putting here to make par (Ugh, I believe I made Bogey here fyi). I went on to make like 13 over par *Ouch*. I have got to get out more if I am going to join the PGA Tour soon, hehe. No, really. I will fit this in between the World Poker Tour that I will be joining soon too, hehe. No, really.


We also treated ourselves to 'Matthews Trattoria' for dinner. A very nice restaurant if you're looking for an elegant evening. RichardZ (I think) still handles their website (Prop's Richard). If you have the time and the money (It's not the cheapest place to eat) to splurge, you may want to splurge at 'Matthews Trattoria', I recommend the Bruschetta, Poached Salmon and Tiramisu. This is the second time we ate at this fine establishment, and both times we've given it a 5 star rating experience.




Our kitty Kevin Bacon helped with the reservations
(Thanks Buddy).





Sunday morning I went to get us a very nutritious breakfast at Krispy Kreme (As I said, very nutritious). When I got there, the Hot light was on (Yippy!) and when I got inside the new soft and chewy glazed doughnut's were coming down the glazed highway, right through the stream of warm and creamy glaze. But what's this?! where is everyone at?! Don't they see me standing here in line by myself?! Isn't there a Hot doughnut waiting for me?! I mean, the Hot Sign is on as you can see from the picture, and the doughnuts are flowing down the creamy glazed stream of a highway thingy. Where's my free Hot doughnut?! Ahhh, here someone comes... "How can I help you?" What do you mean how can you help me?! You can help me by giving me what I deserve! A nice, HOT, soft, creamy, free, glazy doughnut (I think to myself)! "I'll have a dozen assorted doughnuts." I say politely while thinking about my free glazed doughnut. She gets me my dozen doughnuts and hand's me off to the cashier. I know, if I haven't received my free doughnut by the time I get to the cash register, I wasn't going to receive one at all (unless I speak up). But this wasn't something I wanted to make a big deal about. I mean, everyone knows the rule is... HOT sign on... FREE doughnut, it's not rocket science. Well, I walked out and said nothing (I don't want to sound like a cheap bastard but...hey free is free), no free doughnut... no free doughnut... and as I drive away, I watch as the Hot sign turns off and fade away. Too bad, soo sad, no free doughnut (I will be getting two next time I go, that's all I can say about that).

Right when I got home from Krispy Kreme I told Kevin Bacon that they didn't give me a free doughnut even though the Hot Sign was on... he was not happy! Next time I'm bringing him with me. He's much better with the complaints than I am.

11 Comments:

  • I thought you were sporting a mohawk in that first picture! Have you ever had one? Did you used to have a mullet? I did. I went a little crazy with the scissors. And because my friends were THE BEST, they also created the same type of WAY TOO BANGY bangs. We called them the Retardo Haircuts. HEY! We were in seventh grade and we didnt have any class back then. We even had Retardo names. I was Rinaldo Retardo, and there was Ricky Retardo, Reggie Retardo, Rosevelt Retardo...you get the picture. And now I'm going to Hell. Someday I will scan the old pictures of the horrible hairstyles I had back in grade school. Another reason I didnt have a boyfriend until I was 16.

    writen & directed by Blogger Tam, at around 9:57 PM  

  • Rrrriich! - I will be taking mucho pica's (Of what? I don't no) and posting them on Flikr. I didn't want to get any camera except the 20D, but I know I will have to wait until Sarah is done with school and starts making her millions (I wish).

    Rinaldo - Well, in this picture it does kind of look like the last of the mohicans. What are you trying to say?

    I did used to have long hair on top, short hair on side. I used to shave my head on the side and have the pony tail look (That was in high school).

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 11:05 PM  

  • Rich, on the bottom of the page it says Web Site Production by 3fP and links back to your site.

    Man, I was going to get the lamb, but it was like 50 bucks (And that's no chicken buck either). I said we would splurge, not give our first-born. I will try it though once Sarah gets her job or we win the Monopoly Million from Mickey D's.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 11:50 AM  

  • first- kevin bacon is the cutest!

    second- you and your wife are such a sweet couple.

    third- now i want a krispy kreme. damn you.

    fourth- great pics. glad you got the new cam.

    :) siz

    writen & directed by Blogger Sizzle, at around 2:01 PM  

  • Ms.Siz - Awe, Kevin say's PPRrrrrrrthhPPRrrrrth (That's as close as I can spell it).

    Thanks Siz, But if the Hot light is on and they aren't giving you your free doughnut, say, "Excuse me, what is that like on out there mean? Can you tell me please?" And thanks about the cam, I will be taking a plethora of picture’s.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 2:23 PM  

  • You had to bring up Last of the Mohicans. Now I totally have a crush on you! The shaved head with a apony tail brought a crystal clear picture of you to my mind from highschool.

    All you band nerds with your little matching jackets and I remember thinking you looked way to cool for school to hang with that group of schlo moes.

    writen & directed by Blogger Kristen, at around 7:56 AM  

  • Kristen - I wish I had gotten one of those matching jackets... If only my coolness would have stepped a side, I could have owned one.

    Those schlo moes are the best thing that happened to me. If I didn't know the shlo's, I wouldn't have met the posse (Coat) and then my wife (Lovely Wifey) and then maybe even this blog (Ahhh, MichaelShakes). So you see, I am grateful for the shlo’s

    Thank you schlo moes... Thank you!

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 8:51 AM  

  • The schlo moes should be thanking you for upping their cool cred.
    Say, "I will find you. No matter how long it takes, no matter how far."

    Drool.

    writen & directed by Blogger Kristen, at around 3:56 PM  

  • Kristen - I will find you.No matter how long it takes, no matter how far.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 4:07 PM  

  • Sing "Cmon baby light my fire!"

    writen & directed by Blogger Tam, at around 10:51 PM  

  • Jenny - Thanks, Thanks, the little things are what we all can build on, and Thanks.

    Cats are damn cute, aren't they?

    Tam - Light My Fire

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 11:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home