MichaelShakesDotCom

Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Time for the Super Bowl... what to expect...

This is for the Football fans out there... I just found this and thought it to be a bit on the funny side...

What can you expect to hear in the upcoming week...

These totals are for the entire Super Bowl Week, starting precisely at 12 a.m. on Sunday, January 29th and ending with the Super Bowl's coin toss on February 5th.

Times you are reminded that Jerome Bettis is from Detroit: 65

Times you see the Bettis "fumble" highlight in slow motion: 23

Times you hear the name Terrell Owens: 145

Times you hear the name Drew Rosenhaus: 10

Times you hear the name Drew Barrymore: 0

Times you hear a reference to Chuck Knox: 50

Times you hear a reference to Chuck Noll: 51

Times you hear a reference to Chuck Norris: 1 (FYI: Chuck Norris doesn't read books. He stares them down until he gets the information he wants.)

Times you see a promo for Jake in Progress: 30

Times you hear someone describe the past weekend's championship games as "Jake's NOT in Progress": 1

Times you hear a Starbucks reference: 15

Times you hear a Nirvana reference: 10

Times you hear a Backstreet Boys reference: 0

Times you see a segment on all the different "Roethlis-Burger" specials in Pittsburgh-area restaurants: 4

Times you see a segment on all the different "Boul-tupper-ware" specials in Seattle-area "Bed, Bath and Beyonds": 0

Times someone makes a lame "wardrobe malfunction" quip: 10

Times someone is amazed the Rolling Stones are still alive: 100

12 Comments:

  • Love it! Good post.

    /need Parmenti Bros. sandwich for game

    writen & directed by Blogger Stephanie, at around 2:06 PM  

  • Yes, the closest would be Steel City... but I know, it's not the same.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 2:28 PM  

  • OOOOH love their chicken parm sub....mmmmmm Im going tonight!

    Welcome Back, Mike. Hello to the wife, also. Hope that Ben Folds/restraining order thing works out for the both of you.

    BTW my word verification was FOXZY Why yes, yes I am.

    writen & directed by Blogger Tam, at around 5:06 PM  

  • Foxzy - Chicken Parm Sub sounds good... do they make that at Parmenti Bros. (Parmenti Bros. with a baseball bat) or Steel City (Steel-Steel City Time, Steel-Steel City Time)?

    And yes, the restraining order is working out just fine. I alway's saw this type of order on TV, but you know... it's a lot harder to restrain in real life. Oh Ben... "Bee-een Folds, Bee-een Folds, Ben-Ben Folds with a baseball bat!"

    My Word Verification was JQIWHKC BTW... Why yes, yes I am.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 9:28 PM  

  • Steel City is where I was referring...but now I can't remember if its chicken parm or eggplant parm...or both! I'm sure they both would be delicious. That place is Heaven. Go Black and Gold...or canary yellow and midnight hue...or whatever.

    writen & directed by Blogger Tam, at around 1:40 PM  

  • I'm putting an embargo on this blog until after the superbowl so I don't have to hear abuot the stupid Steelers. Browns Rule!!!

    My word verification was nbxjcdi. Well yes, yes I am.

    writen & directed by Blogger Kristen, at around 8:04 AM  

  • Nbxjcdi - Well, if the Browns were in the Super Bowl... I would imagine that you would have yourself some arguments from said Steelers fans (I am a Green Bay Fan, but I would take the Steelers over your Browns any day. Nothing against Cleveland... but...the Browns aren't that good, and I know... because I'm a Packers Fan), but I don’t think your argument would hold up that well this year.

    BTW, my word verification was YHOMAT, and yes... yes I am.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 8:19 AM  

  • Julie - The Puhlahmahlu video was funny... I will still have to check out more of the site.

    That other video was very good... did someone from Pittsburgh make that? The only part I didn't like was when it said towards the end... "No One Believed... Except for Them" (Or something like that). What about ALL of the Steelers fans??!! I'm sure they all believed.

    One week left till THE SUPER BOWL XL!!! SEAHAWKS VS STEELERS!!

    BE THERE!!

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 8:40 AM  

  • FOXZY and nbxjcdi,

    I'm sure that living in Cleveland isn't that bad... and what the poem is trying to say is, the Browns aren't that good... so living in Cleveland wouldn't be that fun if you were a Browns fan... that's all.

    Cleveland Rocks, but the Browns don't… that’s all.

    Julie - Very nice poem…

    My word veri was eefcwil, and no... no I'm not.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 9:32 AM  

  • Uh I dont live in cleveland. But I've visited. Good fries. Bad Football team.

    writen & directed by Blogger Tam, at around 1:27 PM  

  • FOXZY - I don't know why I thought you lived there... It might be because this is where I see you in all the pictures from nbxjcdi.

    But, I guess I did know you lived in Erie... Thank God, because Cleveland Sucks (The Browns that is).

    No wonder you were eating at Steel City. (xdwbrew)

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 1:39 PM  

  • Love me some of that XDW brew!

    I know where YOU live! Not really, but I at least knew you were from Erie.

    writen & directed by Blogger Tam, at around 5:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home