MichaelShakesDotCom

Monday, November 28, 2005

Thanksgiving and Turkey bowl

Sarah and I had a nice quiet Thanksgiving at home this year; we had a free Turkey given to us by our downstairs neighbors Tom and Caley (As they had gone out of town to visit family). Thanks guy's, I hope you had a good time out of town… and I hope you will enjoy your new (Honda) Element!

Dinner was excellent! Kevin Bacon agreed. Sarah makes a mean Thanksgiving Dinner!

As some of you may know, Turkey Bowl 2005 was in effect on (Black) Friday morning... and even though I showed up about a half-n-hour late (And missed my chance to be on the news), I still managed to get VERY sore (It was only two hand touch... what's up with that?). I mean, I was like "Car accident" sore from the shoulders down for the rest of the weekend (whatever that means) (Please tell me that I was not the only one to get sore?). Thanks to Corry (Right), we were all warmed up with his special blend of Irish Coffee!

I managed to catch a few balls on offence and knock a few balls away on defense, but didn't manage to score a touchdown the entire game. As it was, I didn't need to score since our team won 5 to 3 (That’s 5 touchdowns to 3). Rich was on the opposing team... he did manage to score 1 or 2 touchdowns for his team (As I recall). Good Job Rich (Tell me that you were as sore as me that night, and especially Saturday morning due to the pounding our teams very own Corry Lino put on you... but a few times?)!

Although I didn't take too many pictures of actual playing time... I snapped a few pictures during half time to show you at least how the conditions were during this years Turkey Bowl (2005).

I think we had a very good Thanksgiving this year... and playing in the Turkey Bowl just made this year’s Thanksgiving complete (With sore back, legs, groin, arms and feet included).

Hope everyone else had a spectacular Thanksgiving!

11 Comments:

  • sounds like lots of fun. snow! i love snow!

    writen & directed by Blogger Sizzle, at around 1:03 PM  

  • Sizzle - It was a good time.

    Do you ever go further down south to see snow?

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 1:54 PM  

  • Rich - My stretching the day before had absolutely NO affect on Friday's game.

    Is that why no one called me Friday night?

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 3:18 PM  

  • There needs to be an Erie blogger picnic next spring, before we move. Do we have to start planning now? ;)

    writen & directed by Blogger Stephanie, at around 3:19 PM  

  • Eden - I'd say. If you want the best turn out...

    VolleyBall!

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 3:24 PM  

  • Sizzle - Ahh, I mean North. Hows Seattle in the Winter?

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 4:39 PM  

  • I wanted to go sled riding on Black Friday but instead got to do laundry. It looks like Erie had much better sledding snow than Cleveland did.

    writen & directed by Blogger Kristen, at around 8:20 AM  

  • Kristen - Yes, but it is all gone now as it was 60 degrees (And Rainy) yesterday and 50 today. But we will get more snow Wednesday and Thursday and Friday and Saturday and Sun...

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 8:54 AM  

  • i haven't gone to the snow in years but maybe this year i will make it. your pictures make me want to! my family used to go every year and rent a cabin. it was good times.

    writen & directed by Blogger Sizzle, at around 12:01 PM  

  • Sizzle - Well, I'll be sure to post some more winter pics as soon as it starts snowing again.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 2:20 PM  

  • Lil Sis - Sorry, I have just been blah lately. I will try to get a few posts in here and there.

    How’s your new car treating you?

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 1:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home