MichaelShakesDotCom

Thursday, December 29, 2005

Something to bore you... and the rest

I have been recently looking at different Camera/Camera Lenses online a bit much lately. I have been Eying the 20D, the 5D and the 1d Mark II (Of Course. These have only been the same cameras I've been looking at for a while now). I really can't decide if it's worth saving up the $2,000 more for the 5D or 1d Mark II (I know what your thinking..."Are you kidding?! $2,000 MORE than the original $1,200 for the 20D!?"). I know you would probably never purchase such an expensive camera, but you are not me... and I LOVE taking pictures much more than you!

Now after I stop thinking of what camera it is I want to get, there also will be something to think about when looking for the right lens to go with the body. Now, I would love to just throw a Canon EF 24-70mm f/2.8L (Zoom. $1,100), the EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS (Zoom $1,699) and the EF 300mm f/2.8L IS (Prime. $3,200) and head straight to the races. But this is very unlikely given the fact I will already have a hard time saving up the money to purchase the Canon Body alone.

I have been reading a lot of review's the past few day's about Sigma Lenses, particularly the Sigma 70-200mm f/2.8 EX and 24-70mm f/2.8 to be exact (Both of which are the counter parts that are made by Canon. Both of which cost about half the price as Canon and surprisingly have just about the same image quality too).

So, I guess if I were to go out and get a Body and a couple of lenses right now (If money was not a problem), I would get the 1d Mark II with all three Canon Lenses. But seeing as how money plays a huge roll in it, I would settle for the 20D and the Sigma lenses. A very nice package in the 20D and some very fast lenses make's it a great buy!

Sorry to bore you with my thoughts on my Camera toys, but I had to tell someone; Sarah is getting kind of sick of hearing about this kind of stuff.

Any who, Christmas was fun... we got a lot of movies (Which are my favorite), Cloths and Gift Cards (Another Favorite). We had family and a few friends over at our apartment for dinner the day after Christmas, which was a good time indeed.

About a week before the party I made a buffet table for Sarah to put the food and Drinks on during the party (My first real attempt at building something from scratch). I think I did OK; I am looking forward to building a lot more in the future (It's cheap and as I get better I will feel like more of a craftsman). Maybe this summer I will build that Poker Table I have wanted to build for a while now.

Well, that’s about it for now and… I know you don't want to hear that "I'm sorry for not posting in a while" shizzle... so I won't bother telling you that this time. I won't even try to tell you that "I will try and post more often" crap-o-la. I will just leave you with this...


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home