MichaelShakesDotCom

Monday, August 08, 2005

Here kitty kitty...

The funniest thing happened yesterday.

Sarah has wanted to get a kitten for a few weeks now and mentioned it to our downstairs friends. Right away they both said, "No!" (For reasons of allergies and such. Not that bad though. (I hope)).

Yesterday morning (Sunday), Sarah and I were going to get breakfast at Panera Bread (Our Sunday morning cinnamon crunch bagel and Hazel nut coffee ritual); but as we were getting into the car, Sarah heard a kitty crying. So we both looked around, and across the street there was this tiny kitten under a parked car.

Sarah immediately said, "My Kitty!”
I said, "I'm sure it belongs to someone."

We sat for a few minutes to see if someone was looking for it and just then a little girl from across the street came out and started to look around.

I said, "Are you looking for a kitty?"
She then replied, "Yes, thank you very much!" and wondered back across the street.

We got done with our glorious bagel and mouthwatering Hazel nut coffee and decided to head back home.

"It was a sign that we should get a kitty." Sarah said with a delightful smile.

"I think that it was a sign that we have to give up on the idea of a kitty." I said, as we had to give the kitty back to the rightful owner.

When we got home, we were about to walk into our house when the little girl came back across the street...

"Hello, I saw that you guy's were doing a good job on watching this kitty. It's actually not mine, I found it and was going to take it to my church because we are not aloud to have pets." The little girl told us. "If you guy's want to take care of it you can."

Sarah looked at me and smiled

I said, "Ok, we can take care of it." And kindly took the kitten up to her new home.

"Man, that was weird." Sarah said.

"Man, that is really weird." I replied.

I guess that it was a sign after all.

I will post a picture of her when I get one.

Can you think of some girl kitten names that we can name her?

Thanks for your time.

Mike

1 Comments:

  • Reading your blog and I figured you'd be interested in advancing your life a bit, call us at 1-206-339-5106. No tests, books or exams, easiest way to get a Bachelors, Masters, MBA, Doctorate or Ph.D in almost any field.

    Totally confidential, open 24 hours a day.

    Hope to hear from you soon!

    writen & directed by Anonymous Anonymous, at around 1:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home