MichaelShakesDotCom

Saturday, September 24, 2005

The longest yard

Over the weekend we watched The Longest Yard (2005)...

Not too shabby. It's the remake of the old film with Burt Reynolds playing the lead role as QB. If you like Adam Sandler movies you should like this one. Even though he plays a different character then usual (He's been playing more serious rolls), you should enjoy him and Chris Rock reuniting from previous roles together on SNL. Chris Rock definitely makes you LOL, he is friggin re-hilarious.

I haven't seen the original, but I hear it is pretty close to this newer adaptation directed by Peter Segal (Who also directed 50 First Dates, Anger Management and Tommy Boy, all very funny films).

If you’re looking for a football comedy that has some hard hitting and fast action NFL camera angles than The Longest Yard (2005) should be in your must see fall line up. And remember, if you can’t get out GET EVEN.

6 Comments:

  • Tommy Boy?

    I haven't seen this one, but I did enjoy Spanglish...I might be the only person who did. And I think Tea Leoni is so adorable.

    One football movie I'd never watch is The Replacements. Call me judgemental. I don't care. Screw YOU for judging ME!

    (Gains composure) I also am not too thrilled about Saturday Night Lights and wouldn't even catch it if it were on cable.

    But, yes. I would give this one a try. "Got that?" "Shut up."

    writen & directed by Blogger Tam, at around 10:30 AM  

  • Tam - Who's your favorite Little Rascal, Alfalfa, or is it Spanky?

    I still haven't seen Tommy Boy yet either but I loved Spangish. I haven't seen The Replacements or Saturday Night Lights; but I would give Saturday NL a try.

    I wouldn't give it a D+ without giving it a chance first...
    Apparently they give a lot fewer D+'s than D-'s. It's not a grade they like to give out. I'll tell you that right now.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 10:46 AM  

  • This is how my sister, Theresa and I rate movies.

    Would pay FULL PRICE, Friday or Saturday night, in New York City just to get a glimpse of that movie.

    Would pay full price Friday or Saturday night at Tinseltown with all the high school idiots who snuck out past their curfew

    Would see it Sunday night instead of going to Kohls 50% off weekend.

    Would skip out of work early and catch a matinee.

    Would go to the dollar theater with the sticky seats and popcorn permeation.

    Would wait for the rental so we can pause or stop watching if it sucks.

    Would wait for it on HBO, Tivo if necessary.

    Wouldn't catch it, even it WERE on cable.

    Wouldn't see it if someone paid us with sexual favors.

    Would break it off with a serious partner if they ever even SAW that movie.

    Would never have sex again if it meant we would NEVER have to EVER see that piece of crap flick.

    writen & directed by Blogger Tam, at around 11:03 AM  

  • I'd say Alfalfa

    Sinner

    writen & directed by Blogger Tam, at around 11:05 AM  

  • Man, you didn't get either line I gave you from Tommy Boy... what's up with that?!

    Oh and I... would see it Sunday night instead of going to Kohls 50% off weekend.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 11:26 AM  

  • I DID TOO! That was Tam pretending not to know while knowing and thinking you knew too. Hence "sinner" You know I'm quicker than that! This is something we should be emailing each other..not commenting on your blog. *Looks around* Everyone's asleep.

    writen & directed by Blogger Tam, at around 11:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home