MichaelShakesDotCom

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Kohler Stack Demo

Kohler Stack Demo
Kohler Stack Demo,
originally uploaded by Michael Shakes.
I made some time on my lunch break to go and see the Stack of the Kohler Building being imploded (I was not the only one).

I couldn't get any closer than this (There was caution tape right in front of me) and there was a bunch of wire/telephone poles/signs in the way... so I practiced my PS skill on this picture to clean it up a bit.

I wanted to use PS on all of the pics (Around 20), but after finishing up with this one... I changed my mind (It would take me for-EVER).

If you would like to see the rest of my pics from this Smoke Stack Extravaganza... go to the Kohler Stack Demo "Set" on Flickr and Click on Slide show (Put on 1 sec. intervals).

Cheers!

-Mike

5 Comments:

  • Jules - Yes, just the smoke stack... I got my fax mixed up on the fine details. They will be using a Wrecking Ball to knock the rest of it down sometime in the near future.

    It wasn't as exciting as I thought (Seeing how the whole building would have been a bit more exciting)… but very cool to see first hand.

    A lot of people were there too (All taking pictures). A neat experience though, to say the least.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 11:30 AM  

  • I did this. Consider it an homage ;)

    writen & directed by Blogger Stephanie, at around 2:51 PM  

  • Eden- That is a good one...

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 3:13 PM  

  • WARNING: Inappropriate humor to follow...

    How often do people in Erie get to see things blow up anyways? (Besides pizza delivery guys that is.)

    I'm sorry, I couldn't help myself.

    writen & directed by Blogger Kristen, at around 9:16 AM  

  • Yes Kristen... that was pretty bad.

    Thanks for the dark humor Kristen, I knew I could count on you.

    My secret word is "blirpwwk".

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 9:31 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home