MichaelShakesDotCom

Monday, September 12, 2005

Million Dollar River...

My wife and I just watched two movies the other day, both Directed by Clint Eastwood. Mystic River and Million Dollar Baby. Now, these movies were good; but these two movies are some of the saddest movies that we had ever seen in a long while.... *pause* ....even now, I can't think of a more sad movie I watched in the past. Mystic River wasn't too bad, but wait until you get to Million Dollar Baby.

Have you ever watched a movie that was so sad, or so scary that you had to put on something funny right after to get you out of the mood the movie put you in? I'm sure you have no idea what I'm talking about.

When I was younger, I watched scary movies all the time. And if need be, I'd watch some good old Tom & Jerry (or whatever cartoon happened to be on at the time) right after to get rid of the feeling of actually getting killed by Chucky or Freddy Kruger (whatever scary movie I decided to let haunt me before my bedtime). Nowadays I don't get that scared of scary movies (as much), but certain movies can still depress the hell out of me. This is when I go in my younger fail safe/watch something funny to get me out of a sad movie funk, mode. This is why I mainly stick to comedy/action/'slight' drama movies, so I don't have to go through this funk mode.

I guess that’s the kind of guy I am. I like to make good of the bad times and make fun of the awful times in life. This is the way I am. This may seem a little too laid back for most. But I feel this is how to enjoy life. Don't let stuff get to you and know that everything has a purpose, whether you can see it or not. Everything will work out in the end.

I guess my point was going to be, if you are going to rent one of these movies. Make sure you also rent something from the comedy section as well. And don't try watching both of these movies one after another, unless you are a trained professional (like me).
Happy movie watching all you moviegoers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home