MichaelShakesDotCom

Saturday, September 10, 2005

Relief...

Well, the more I watch, the more I can see that there are good people out there. I just haven't seen them until now.

As I watched television the past few days on Katrina, I've noticed that there is a lot of wealthy and good people willing to give and give to help Katrina victims. I guess that I had to see it for myself to know for sure. Seeing in the news that people like John Grisham (I think thats who it was) giving 5, count them, 5 million dollars to the relief fund helping those people in need. The same amount a whole city can donate.

I've seen how upset the entire New Orleans football team is and what they are doing to help out. Some that have a family of 12 staying at their houses and some that will pay people's rent/mortgage for them until they can get back on their feet. Just helping any and everyone out that they possibly can. Giving so much money to the relief fund without a second thought.

Brett Favre and the Packers (My team) doing all they can do to help get food, money, cloths and anything else to these people who need them the most right now, everyone coming together as a team. I can see now that there are so many people out there in the world that really do care about others (as they should), and are doing their part as to help out.

It's just good to see the other side of it. The side of people getting together and really making a BIG difference to help everyone in need. I couldn't get enough of it, seeing how many people that really help out. It gives this country hope (This world).

At first I didn't think that there was as many helping as there could be, but now I can see that this is far from the truth. I only wish I could do more than just pray for these people, I wish I could send my millions over. Give these people a place to sleep, eat and live. I wish I could do more.

I am predicting that Extreme Make-Over Home Edition will be working over time to help these families get back on their feet. We love watching this show; it's one of the kindest and most generous shows that I have ever seen. These people are the best, and they continue to help families out all year round.

Thanks to all of you that are helping and for those who will continue to help aid the victims of Hurricane Katrina. Also, thank you ABC for bringing Extreme Make-Over Home Edition to the aid of all of the families in need throughout the past few years. I am sure you will dedicate many episodes to the relief of Katrina as well.

Thank you all, and God Bless…

2 Comments:

  • i believe people are inheritantly good by nature and i agree with you, it is great to finally see that goodness. it was there, we just weren't being shown it. :)

    writen & directed by Blogger Sizzle, at around 2:44 PM  

  • Yes, I'm glad I finally saw that side of it.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 2:58 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home