MichaelShakesDotCom

Tuesday, September 06, 2005

Willimantic CT, check... Labor Day, check...

We finally made it back from Willimantic CT yesterday at around 8:30 last night. We went to the Wedding of two of our friends, Matt and Colleen. It turned out to be a beautiful weekend for an outside wedding. I was asked to be an usher at the Wedding, and of course I wasn’t going to say no to that.

Sarah and I left Erie Friday afternoon at around 5 o’clock in the evening, which wasn't the actual time we should have left of course (This should have been 3:30). But since I’m an Indian an all, we had to go by Indian time, which I believe is 2 to 3 hours behind schedule, give or take an hour.

We drove because it was cheaper then flying, but little did we know flying probably would have been about the same price seeing is how we paid a arm and a leg for the gas and toll price's along the way. I used to pay about 27 dollars to fill my 14-gallon tank, but now I pay around 48 dollars, which is about double the pleasure, double the fun. Ah well, when in Rome (I know that doesn't go with what I'm saying).

Since we left so late, we ended up staying at a Red Roof Inn about a third of the way (It was around 10:30 and a bit dark). This wasn't so bad since we got to sleep in Saturday morning and then had beautiful scenery the rest of the way. It reminded us of when we drove home from Alaska, what an experience that was (We kind of do, and we kind of don’t want to do that again).

We finally made it to Willimantic around 2:45 Saturday afternoon and contacted Rich, Matt and Jim (Our friends from Erie which now have dispersed in every direction for reasons of school and work). They were getting their tuxes fitted (They were in the Wedding) at the time so we just chilled at Matt 'The Groom's' house (This is where we planned on staying for the weekend with our friends Jim and Kelly). This was fine since rehearsal dinner was later in the day.

Rehearsal/dinner was planned around 5:00 PM but started around 6:30. Dinner was supposed to be at 7:00 but ended up starting around 7:45 (It's all good though, Wedding's are supposed to be this way). The dinner was in Downtown New London (I believe this is the name of the city), which ended up being a very good time indeed. I had Steak and the Wife had Lobster Ravioli and a few glasses of wine. Getting close to 10:30, everyone decided things should get wrapped up since there was a wedding the next day and all, so we retreated back to Matt's abode for the night.

On the way back we get pulled over at a checkpoint where the Poe-Poe were checking for drunk drivers along the way. Now I hadn’t been drinking too much, just a few glasses of wine (Three). I was still kind of shaking a bit though, since this was my first drunk driving checkpoint I had ever been in. I pulled over and the officer asked if I had been drinking, so I say "Yes, a glass of wine." He say's "Just one..?", and without hesitation I say, "Yes." He then asks me to follow his finger back and forth a bit checking to see if I should be driving or not, but of course I pass with flying colors and he let us pass through. That was fun, good thing I hadn't really been drinking, or we might have been screwed. Fun, fun, time for bed now.

Sunday rolls around and we decided that the drive back and forth from the Lighthouse Inn (Where The Wedding stuff takes place) and Matt's house was a little bit too far for us to travel every day, so we booked a Hotel room at this very nice little Indian Place (Not my kind of Indian, but the other kind). This was about 35 minutes closer of a drive, which I guess would have made more sense to get the day before, but…. Ah well, when in Rome.

The Wedding started at around 5'ish, which ended up being a glorious day. Matt and Colleen looked very much in love and it turned out to be a beautiful outside wedding at the Lighthouse Inn. They had appetizers and alcohol waiting for us afterwards (Yum, Yum). This was a real treat, as I was pretty thirsty from all of the heat. After mingling time was over, we retreated into the reception hall and danced the night away (I had Salmon and the Wife had Salmon, we love Salmon). Matt and Colleen had a swing band playing at the reception, as they are big swing dancers. So this was the perfect touch to a blissful and swingin’ marriage. We had a fun time, but like my father always says, “When the fun it gone, it’s time to move on.” (The reception was over)

We stayed the night at our hotel and left for home Monday morning. We had a great time this weekend and we wish Matt and Colleen our best. Have fun traveling to Hawaii and through Europe. I think that they will surely be together forever. The ride home seemed to last forever too, but we eventually made it back to Erie safe and sound. I will definitely post some pictures of the Wedding once I get them developed. Which if you haven’t figured it out already, will be in Indian Time.

Hope everyone had a great Labor Day Weekend! And remember, When in Rome…..

1 Comments:

  • That's awesome that you get free ticket's! I love tickets!

    We are still planning to come and see you guys one of these weekends. It will be a blast, we will plan on doing everything.

    Bro

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 3:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home