MichaelShakesDotCom

Sunday, August 28, 2005

FF News Report....

We interrupt you from your regularly scheduled bloggram to bring you this special news bulletin....

...Sorry if you are not interested in Football or Fantasy Football as that is what this post is ALL about... Well it is Football Season damn it!...

Double Down's Fantasy Football Draft on Yahoo! Sports has came and gone. I think I did Ok with the picks that I made, but I'm sure that I could have chosen a few better picks than I did.

My Two keepers from last years League were going to be Ahman Green from Green Bay and Shaun Alexander from Seattle, but I had to make a last minute change from Ahman to Julius Jones from Dallas. Jones will be one of the top 5 Running Backs in the NFL this year (At least in Fantasy Football). So I think I made a wise choice to keep him instead of Green.

The others I drafted were Javon Walker from Green Bay, Darrell Jackson from Seattle, Issac Bruce from St. Lois and Lee Evans from Buffalo as my wide receivers. My other Running back was Fred Taylor from Jacksonvillewhich I now know may not get as many touches the first few weeks because of his knee injury, I now have Mike Anderson which I may still trade for LaMont Jordan (This is fine, cause he will only serve as back up to Jones and Alexander). I managed to grab up Tony Gonzales from Kansas City as my Tight End, and my back up is Jeb Putzier from Denver I had to grab another RB to spell other RB in the later week when others are on bye weeks, but still need backup TE so I picked up Chris Cooley from Washinton instead (He can be played as TE or RB positions) Which I'm sure won't last too long on my team before trading for a better backup for Gonzales. My Quarterback's are the picks I probably could have done a little better with. I got Drew Brees from San Diego and Carson Palmer from Cincinnati. Not horrible, but what are ya gonna do. Our Defense counts as the whole team, and I snagged Pittsburgh and Washington Traded Washington for Dallas (We'll see). Kickers are Jason Elam from Denver and Jason Hanson from Detroit (Huh, two Jason's). So all in all, I think this will be a good season for my team Juneau Fifth Street. I plan on riding my running backs all the way to the end of the season.

Well, in a nutshell, this is my team this year. I hope that all you Fantasy Football players out there are as siked as I am (I don't see how that is possible). Give me a run down of your starters in this years fantasy football leagues.

And as for this years team head coach's for League Double Down... Get ready to have your whop ass handed to you on a silver platter my friends!

Thanks you for tuning in… You may now return to your regular schedule bloggrams....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home