MichaelShakesDotCom

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Pumpkin Farm

Every year Sarah and I make it a tradition to find our way to the Pumpkin Farm located in Cambridge Springs, PA (Thanks Rich), just south of Edinboro Campus. We try to go at least once a year during the most beautiful time of the year (Isn't Fall the greatest? I knew that you'd agree). Leaves are changing into what could only be described as newborn butterflies coming out of their cocoons, the colors they turn are just magnificent. The air smells fresher and the sky bluer. You couldn't imagine a better time of year if you tried.

There really isn't a WHOLE lot to do here at Finney's Pumpkinville, but there is just enough to tide you over for an hour or two; if you like to take pictures and do your fair share of popcorn and peanut eating (Which I of course love to do), then you'll be just fine. They do have horse and hay rides which always looked like fun, but we haven't actually taken the time to try them yet, (Maybe we will get to that level next year).

A student doing an article for the Edinboro paper did interview us about how long we’d been coming and what our favorite thing to do while we were here was. Sarah's favorite was the hot apple cider (I can't argue with her there); mine (at least this year) was taking pictures of everything I saw (Of course). All in all, it was a very nice way to spend our Sunday afternoon. Maybe we will go again next week and actually grab a pumpkin or two.

Right before leaving Edinboro, I spotted a gorgeous photo opt over a near by lake with a small boating dock located right off of Route 99 (Did I tell you how much I like the Fall?). It was just like a scene from of a movie, so I had to stop and get it's autograph (A...I mean Picture, huh?).

If you are ever in town and get a chance to visit the Pumpkin Farm at Finney's Pumpkinville I can tell you that you won't be disappointed. If it's a sunny autumn day, it is a MUST SEE.

Now I know what you’re all thinking, "Michael, I thought that you guys were going to Pittsburgh to visit your sister Julie. I mean, you've been saying you were going to go for like a month now." Well, Sarah didn't get off of work this past Saturday so we decided to postpone the venture until next weekend. I am 98 percent sure that we will be going this time... or is it 98 degrees sure? Whatever it is, we're going!

If you want to see a few more pictures from our visit to the Pumpkin Farm, be sure to visit the Flickr Pickr... they're hot off the press.

5 Comments:

  • that picture by the lake is so gorgeous- the sky! oh my!

    i need to get a pumpkin.

    writen & directed by Blogger Sizzle, at around 1:13 PM  

  • Siz - Yes, it kept getting cloudy and sunny and cloudy and sunny... I had to pull over on one of the Sunnier spots to get a picture or two.

    I need to get a pumpkin too!

    Julie - I thought it might be bad weather in Pittsburgh this weekend also. Hopefully next weekend will be nicer. I think we will go on the Boo Cruise, but I'm not 100% sure on that.

    Julie - Yes I want to take a lot of pictures when we get there. I need more Fall pictures. I think I'm having Deja vu...

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 2:40 PM  

  • I remember going to the pumpkin farm and I think there was like a haunted abrn or something? I may be thinking of the cider mill. Michael so you know what I'm talking about? It was in Erie or something not as far as Edinboro.

    And I like donuts and cider.

    writen & directed by Blogger Kristen, at around 8:10 AM  

  • Kristen - Ok, I remember the Cider Mill because we get our cider from there. I don't remember a haunted barn there... or at the Pumpkin Farm either. There is a haunted corn maze there though. ***begin thinking*** A haunted barn... a haunted barn... ***end of thinking*** I don't remember any haunted barn.

    What kind of donuts?

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 8:20 AM  

  • AJ - I know there were a lot of gay kids there. There are always gay kids at the pumpkin farm. But I think that the homeless tend to stay away from the whole pumpkin farm scene, and I don't know why that is.

    Oh, and congratulations on the new CA DL! I believed you when you said you really got 100%, it was mighty manly of you to not make that girl change it in her records.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 8:29 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home