MichaelShakesDotCom

Thursday, November 03, 2005

Today is Friday... no really.

Today is Friday for me at least... to you it is probably still Thursday. I am taking the real Friday off this week, which for all of us is tomorrow. Sarah had off all week and I wanted (She of course did too) to have at least one day off so we could do a few things on her week off.

Tonight Sarah and I are going to see "Ben Folds" in Meadville, PA Allegheny College - Shafer Auditorium. We just love Ben Folds... the band was originally "Ben Folds Five", but the band does not play together anymore since 1999... so it is just Ben Folds. At any rate, it should be great show! We are going to go with our friends Caley and Tom… it was Tom's birthday this past week and the tickets are a surprise... he doesn't know anything yet (So mums the word...).

Are there any other Ben Folds fans out there? We used (as I mentioned before) one of Ben Folds songs off of Rockin the Suburbs... which was Ben’s first solo album after the break up... for our Wedding Song. Our song was "The Luckiest"... one of the best Wedding songs I have ever heard.

******************

This weekend we are celebrating Sarah's mom's birthday on the road. We are going to Canada to stay at the Inn at Lock Seven to watch the ships roll in, and then shoot over to Goat Island, Niagara Falls on the way back home. Her mom does not know we are coming to the Inn at Lock Seven; it will be another surprise (Icksnay ethay irthdaybay urprisesay!)

This weekend is full of surprises... but not necessarily for us. I will be showing you all of my photos from the concert and the Canada trip, so stay tuned...

I am not sure how the “It’s Friday!” ritual works, when in actuality…”It’s Thursday!” So I’m going to just give the “Hi Five” and call it a day.

4 Comments:

  • Please tell me there are still tickets! I love Ben Folds! He is a genius. Stinkin Matt not telling me a bit about it. Matt is very up on the news, considering he produces there. GRRRRR. He will pay. Please give me details.

    writen & directed by Blogger Tam, at around 10:43 AM  

  • Damn! I just realized you posted that Thursday. *Tam sits down and cries.

    writen & directed by Blogger Tam, at around 10:44 AM  

  • I L-O-V-E Ben Folds and recently (illegally) copied a bunch of their cds. "The Luckiest" is a beautiful song and SO fitting for a wedding. :)

    Hope you will report on how the show was. Have a great extend-a-weekend!

    :) sizz

    writen & directed by Blogger Sizzle, at around 1:28 PM  

  • Tam and Sizzle - Updated concert above!!!!

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 10:15 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home