MichaelShakesDotCom

Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Fantasy Football....


It's that time of year again. Get out your best game face and put all of your starters in the line up (As long as they are playing this year). Maybe they are holding out, in that case use your back up (Damn hold outs).

I have been in a FF League going on my fourth (maybe third) year now (I don't remember). It has brought me closer to the game of football and further from my wife every summer (SW). I don't care if I win or if I lose, it is just fun to watch my players go out and give it their all (We play on Yahoo!) I did come in second last year though, not that I care. Just mentioning. Out of 10 teams, just to throw that out there. Couldn't care less...

...Who am I kidding, I'm gonna get the first place trophy this year for sure (Not that there will actually be a trophy). We keep 2 players from the previous year, and my 2 are Shawn Alexander (RB) and Ahman Green (RB). They have contributed to my team for a while now. I think I will give them a big raise this year. I have to talk with them still about the Logistics (This is actually how much into it I am. Note: This is why my wife doesn't like football season).



So to all you FF leaguers out there, go out and give'm hell.

Your truely,

Double Down's League Commissioner on Yahoo! Sports

2 Comments:

  • While I have no interest nor comprehension for Fantasy Football, I did just check out your favorite movies. Are you serious about You've Got Mail? Surely if you were joking you would have put it at the end. It wasn't the first favorite movie to pop into your head - was it?

    writen & directed by Blogger Kristen, at around 4:31 PM  

  • Well, as it is not my favorite movie (first in line), it is the first movie my wife and I watched together on our first date at the theater. Also, my favorite actor/actress is in it (Tom Hanks, Meg Ryan). I would say that it is a warm and funny movie that satisfies my craving. So as for being first on my list, it was just a no brainier, so I put it first.

    I could go on and on as you put it, but I am a movie fanatic/collector so I would be here for a while.

    Donnie Darko too would be on my list...

    P.S. Panera is good. Chocolate and PeanutButter isn't bad either.

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 7:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home