MichaelShakesDotCom

Saturday, August 27, 2005

Saturday mornings are....

So, Saturday mornings are usually filled with Video Games and Online Poker playing. I thought I would try something a little different. Now that I've beaten the Redskins this morning with my Packers on ESPN 2k5, I will start my household cleaning.

When we moved in at the beginning of this month, we started this unpacking of the household things, thing. You know, the one where you unpack your things throughout the year and hope to get-r-done (Ha) by the one-year anniversary of the actual moved in date. Well, maybe we are the only ones who participate in the yearly unpacking ritual. I don't remember half of the stuff that comes out of these bins (We have about 35 to 40 small blue bins you buy at Wal-Mart for storing EVerything. They stack nice on the truck during the move and also in the attic once moved in). I think we should participate in an annual or even better, biannual garage sale to get rid of some of this stuff. It's amazing, the amount of stuff you can keep stored in your house you actually don't need. For some reason people (and when I say some people, I mean me) get attached to the most useless stuff, that they know, they are never going to use, ever.

"Are you really going to use that speed bag you bought at a garage sale 3 years ago?"

"Yeah man, don't get rid of that, I'm still going to use that."

"For what? You haven't used it ONCE, since you got it three years ago (I guess it does keep the dust off of that one spot in the attic). Were you still thinking of training to be a heavy weight boxer? Cuz you are heading in the right direction eating potato chips, sitting on your ass and playing video games all Saturday morning!"

That reminds me, I have got to stop going to garage sales too. This is one of my worst habits, seeing as how I myself can't get rid of anything, it’s probably not the best idea to go to someone else’s house and bring more stuff back to my own. I think of it as buying from others, who are on the right path of getting rid of their own useless junk so that they can make room for more useless junk of their own (I like helping people out). There is a lot of useless junk at garage sales that would look good in my attic though. You know what the saying is, "One man's junk, can be another man's junk, at the right price!" And man, garage sales have the right price for everything! I love (SW) it when I'm out garage sailing (and yes, I do Sail though these garages sales), and there is this lady (or man) looking at a glass bowl (or whatever useless item they're shopping for), with a price tag of .25 cents on it, and has the audacity to say, "Will you take a dime for it?" That just drives me up the wall! I just want to go up to the owner of this useless item and say, "I will give you a Dollar for it, just so this bartering shmuck can't rip you off even more." I mean how low can you go! The useless stuff here is worth 10 times what they are selling it for, and they are already ripping themselves off, selling it for the prices that they are. And you are going to stand there, and try to get it for .10 cents? I'm sorry, but I don't take kindly to cheapskates. Which also reminds me, cheapskates are another thing I think we need to get rid of in this world. Too bad I don’t bring my boxing gloves when I’m garage sailing, cuz I think I would get some good use out of’em smacking these people upside.

I forgot where I was going with this post… Oh yeah, Saturday mornings are great. That’s all I wanted to say.

So, until next time... Happy hoarding! And if you’ve got something you don’t need, let me take a look at it. I might have just the place for it!

1 Comments:

  • LiL Sis,
    Yup, Mom is the # 1 hoarder I know, this MUST be where I get it from.

    It's hard for me to get rid of things, but I'm getting better at it. Just the other day, I threw out a R/W Cd that got a scratch in it (That's .48 cents down the drain).

    Have you heard from Dave (Bro) Lately?

    writen & directed by Blogger Mo-Pie, at around 8:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home